Tuesday, September 20, 2022

WhenIMet.Com (When I Met That Computer)

    In primary school, I just saw computers as tools for playing games. My eldest sibling, who enjoys video games, had this influence on me. Since they provide young minds with virtual enjoyment, computer businesses are well known in that era, and I am not an exception in having the interest towards it.

    I recall being around with my brother in computer shops. There are times when we were allowed to watch the evening program in our town, but he spent it in front of a desktop, and I’m there being amaze on him playing LOL (League of Legends). Before we return home, we will first make sure to learn what is happening in the town’s plaza and inform this on our parents in order to prevent being caught by them.

    It was repeated numerous times which made me develop my fond on gaming. I have this impression that when our aunt gave us our first family laptop, we spent most of our time playing Plants vs. Zombies in order to defeat the ultimate villain Dr. Zomboss. I really enjoy those childhood days singing along to its music video,"There's a zombie on your lawn."

    I admit that my understanding of computers was restricted to personal laptops and desktops wherein having it is a desire shared by all young people. However, as time went on, I discovered how to appreciate its significance, particularly in academic works. From a desire, it evolves into a need for a better education and a way of life. With that, the majority of individuals today own one or two of it, signaling the successful integration of computers into human civilization. And it is absolutely true as Alsop (2022) stated that there is a constant increase in computer usage among share household worldwide, coming from 27.3% in 2005 to 47.1% in 2019.

    Well, as for me, I have my smartphone to satisfy all of my curiosities with this modern computers and technologies.


References

Alsop, T. (July 27, 2022). Computer penetration rate among households worldwide 2005-2019. Statista. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/748551/worldwide-households-with-computer/

Huseynov, H. (May 18, 2019).  6 Mistakes to Avoid Before Opening Internet Gaming Cafe [Picture]. Retrieve from https://www.fisharcadesgames.com/6-mistakes-to-avoid-before-opening-internet-gaming-cafe/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment